63rd Annual ACE Eddie Awards
The American Cinema Editors (ACE) announced their 63rd Eddie Awards on February 16th, 2013 with giving away the top prize to William Goldenberg for ARGO. Well, this is a remarkable achievement for Goldenberg and it’s highly likely that he will win the Best Editing Oscar as well. Jay Cassidy and Crispin Struthers won the same award for Comedy/Musical genre for their editing in SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK.
Here is the complete list of winners along with nominations:
BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (DRAMATIC):
- WINNER: Argo – William Goldenberg, A.C.E.
- Life of Pi – Tim Squyres, A.C.E.
- Lincoln – Michael Kahn, A.C.E.
- Skyfall – Stuart Baird, A.C.E.
- Zero Dark Thirty – Dylan Tichenor, A.C.E. & William Goldenberg, A.C.E.
BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (COMEDY OR MUSICAL):
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel – Chris Gill
- Les Misérables – Melanie Ann Oliver & Chris Dickens, A.C.E.
- Moonrise Kingdom – Andrew Weisblum, A.C.E.
- WINNER: Silver Linings Playbook – Jay Cassidy, A.C.E. & Crispin Struthers
- Ted – Jeff Freeman, A.C.E.
BEST EDITED ANIMATED FEATURE FILM:
- WINNER: Brave – Nicholas C. Smith, A.C.E. & Robert Grahamjones, A.C.E.
- Frankenweenie – Chris Lebenzon, A.C.E. & Mark Solomon
- Rise of the Guardians – Joyce Arrastia
- Wreck-It Ralph – Tim Mertens
BEST EDITED DOCUMENTARY (FEATURE):
- Samsara – Ron Fricke & Mark Magidson
- WINNER: Searching for Sugar Man – Malik Bendjelloul
- West of Memphis – Billy McMillin
BEST EDITED DOCUMENTARY (TELEVISION):
- WINNER: American Masters – Phil Ochs: There But For Fortune – Pamela Scott Arnold
- The Dust Bowl – Episode 1: The Great Plow Up – Craig Mellish
- The Weight of the Nation: Episode 1: Consequences – Paula Heredia
BEST EDITED HALF-HOUR SERIES FOR TELEVISION:
- Girls: “Pilot” – Robert Frazen, A.C.E. & Catherine Haight
- Modern Family: “Mistery Date” – Ryan Case
- WINNER: Nurse Jackie: “Handle Your Scandal” – Gary Levy
BEST EDITED ONE-HOUR SERIES FOR COMMERCIAL TELEVISION:
- WINNER: Breaking Bad: “Dead Freight” – Skip Macdonald A.C.E.
- Breaking Bad: “Gliding Over All” – Kelley Dixon, A.C.E.
- Mad Men: “The Other Woman” – Tom Wilson
- Nashville: “Pilot” – Keith Henderson
- Smash: “Pilot” – Andrew Weisblum, A.C.E.
BEST EDITED ONE-HOUR SERIES FOR NON-COMMERCIAL TELEVISION:
- Homeland: “The Choice” – Terry Kelley, A.C.E.
- Homeland: “State of Independence” – Jordan Goldman
- WINNER: The Newsroom: “We Just Decided To (Pilot)” – Anne McCabe, A.C.E.
BEST EDITED MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE FOR TELEVISION:
- Game Change – Lucia Zucchetti, A.C.E.
- Hatfields & McCoys, Part 1 – Don Cassidy
- WINNER: Hemingway & Gellhorn – Walter Murch, A.C.E.
BEST EDITED NON-SCRIPTED SERIES:
- Beyond Scared Straight: “Oklahoma County, OK – The Weight” – Rob Goubeaux, A.C.E., Mark S. Andrew, A.C.E., Paul J. Coyne, A.C.E., Mark Baum, Jeremy Gantz, Johnny Skaare, J.C. Solis & Ken Yankee
- WINNER: Frozen Planet: “Ends of the Earth” – Andy Netley & Sharon Gillooly
- Deadliest Catch: “I Don’t Want to Die” – Josh Earl, A.C.E. & Alex Durham
- Jeremy Hung – Dodge College
- Steven Pristin – AFI
- WINNER: Michael Smith – AFI